NemusSync is utility(Native App) for iPhone/iPod Touch which sychronizing application with Google OVER THE AIR.
For now, support Calendar only.
NemusSync(0.6.0) for firmware 2.0 Released
I have just sent it to BigBoss an hour ago.
BE CAREFUL! Calendar db are not compatible.
I found that NemusSync could not sync on Un-jailbreaken iPhone/iPod touch. iPhone SDK do not allow to write system folder. So, apart from SDK License Agreement, NemusSync cannot go to AppStore.
You can install it from "BigBoss's Apps and Things" repos.
Just update community source and find "NemusSync" in System category from AppTapp 3 Installer or Cydia.
- Set TimeZone
TimeZone of iPhone and google must be same.
On iPhone :
Settings > General > Date&Time > Time Zone (System/Calendar)
- On Google :
1. Setting > General > Current TimeZone
2. Setting > Calendar > (Choose Calendar) > Calendar TimeZone
- Jailbreaked iPhone or iPod Touch 1.1.1 ~ 1.1.4
- Bi-directional sync between iPhone/iPod calendar and Google calendar.
- Support Multiple Calendars for an Account.
- Support Multiple Google Accounts.
- Can sync Recurring Events(limited).
- Command line mode : #more
/var/root # su -c '/Applications/NemusSync.app/NemusSync --sync' mobile
/var/mobile $ /Applications/NemusSync.app/NemusSync --sync
NemusSync DOES NOT COLLECT EVEN STATISTICAL INFORMATION FROM YOUR IPHONE.
NemusSync COMMUNICATES ONLY WITH GOOGLE DIRECTLY using google's GData objective-C Client Library.
GData Client Library uses "https:" for authentication session which encrypt all data.
- Recurring events exceptions
- Limit range of synchronizing Dates
- Support Alarm/Notification
- Online Manual
- Sync Result Summary
- Sync Contacts with google
- Sync Memo with google 1 of notes.
- Recurring Event bi-directional sync for complex recurring evens.
- Cleaning event of Unselected calendar.
- Optimize for faster operations.
- Recurring Event
- Event tagged as '[ReadOnly]' cannot be uploaded even after modified
- Complex recurring events are also tagged as '[ReadOnly]'
- Some recurring event created on iPhone are shown on google as single event.
In fact, it is not single event. In detail view, there are recurring information
- When edit one occurrence of recurring event, the edited one is duplicated and old one still there.
- When edit recurrence info of recurring event on iPhone, does not synchronized.
- Collision with IntelliScreen
- problem : After sync, IntelliScreen do not show Events.
- status : IntelliBorn doesn't answer yet. and all other trick failed.
- expedient : After sync, Run IntelliScreenConfig once.
- 0.6.0 BETA 2008-08-29
- Support iPhone/iPod Touch firmware 2.0.
- Support Calendar sync for MobileCal of iPhone
- Can sync color code
- Can create event for each calendar
- 0.5.8 BETA-2 2008-07-2
- Fix for Free-Busy Calendar : support cancel free-busy event
- Change policy for pid file : can run NemusSync even if you cannot create pid file.
- Recurring Events
- Allow change one occurrenct of recurring event. : DownSync Only
- Calendar Nickname: for Shared Calendar, use overriden name instead of original Calendar name.
- Fix for locale pt_BR : temporary changes pt_BR and pt_PT
- Translated into Croatian by Slaven Bačelić
- Translated into Polish by Piotr Poturalski
- Translated into Hebrew by Eran ben-dayan
- 0.5.7 2008-06-22 (0.5.7 BETA-1 2008-06-17)
- Command line mode
- Help View
- Fix for Recurring event from http://30boxes.com/
- Translated into Swedish by Pether Wiklander
- Translated into Simp.Chinese by siikii
- Translated into Brazilian Portugese by SamuelSTJ
- Translated into Japanese by sei N
- 0.5.6 2008-06-13 (0.5.6 BETA-1 2008-06-09)
- Junk Upload : can upload more than 25 events at a time
- Fix for Recurring event uploaded from Outlook
- Fix for Free-Busy Event from shared Calendar
- Can Clear Information for Synchronize without remove Events
- Fix for uploading recurring event. Can detect modification of recurring range.
- Translated into Dutch by Galip Caliskan aka galip91
- Translated into Danish by Jacob Strømlund
- 0.5.5 : 2008-06-03 (0.5.5b1:2008-05-30)
- Fix All-Day problem for GMT-### TimeZone
- Fix hour shifting of recurring event for DST TimeZone
- Limit number of upload events for a sync
- Support more recurring event
- Complex Holyday Calendars as read only
- Birthday Calendars start before 2001-01-01 as read only
- Users own complex recurring event as read only
- Translated into Trad.Chinese by Bluefox
- Translated into German by Maxim Derkach
- Translated into Russian by Maxim Derkach
- Translated into Spanish by Banyú (MiIpodTouch.com)
- Translated into Thai by CK Huang
- Translated into Czech by Rongic
- Translated into Norwegian by Bjørn Ivar Johnsen alias BearLate
- 0.5.4 : 2008-05-21 (0.5.4b-2:2008-05-20, 0.5.4b:2008-05-19)
- Support One way sync : Can Upload/Download only
- Support firmware 1.1.1/1.1.2
- Accept Tentative Event : Sync policy changed for some public calendars
- Fix AllDay Event bug
- Fix quoted event title bug: [":']things
- Can select "NO Default Calendar"
- Fix Locale
- Translations :
- Translated into French by SOSiPhone.com
- Translated into Italian by Francesco
- 0.5.3 : 2008-05-15
- fix bug : halting on invalid recurring event.
- Discard older events than iPhone Reference date(2001-1-1 0:0:0 GMT).
- 0.5.2 : 2008-05-13
- Sync policy changed : Upload all local events to default google calendar.
- Bug fix : duplicating copied event on google when conflict occur.
- Clean garbages for Events of Calendars which removed from Google.
- Show confirm popups inside advanced menu.
- 0.5.1a - first release : 2008-05-06
- Q: I have iPhone 2.0 and can not save calendar list.
A: Maybe You are an NemusSync for 1.0 user and "RECOVER"ed from old setting form iTunes.
Caneldar database is not compatible with iPhone 1.0.
If you have backup, Just remove /var/mobile/Library/Calendar/Calendar.sqlitedb from you iPhone.
If not, Try "Advanced->Command->[Clean SyncInfo]" the last button on NemuSync.
I'm not sure it works for every case or not. but, works for some case.
- Q: Full day events created on the iphone sync 1 day back on google calendar.
A: This is mostly because of timezone. iPhone's timezone must be same as Google Calendar's.
You can see your timezone at,
- iPhone : Setting->General->Date&Time->Time Zone
- Google Calendar : Setting->Calendar->Calendar Detail(Choose Calendar)->Time Zone (GMT+-###)
Is it Possible to sync calendar periodically?
From 0.5.7, NemusSync can run in command line mode.
And, Here is instruction from Andrea Palisca (thanks!)
I created a simple
file to run NemusSync via launchd every x seconds (set to 300 below):
1) Save to: ~/Library/LaunchDaemons/com.paf78.autoNS.plist
2) Load using: launchctl load ~/Library/LaunchDaemons/com.paf78.autoNS.plist
Feel free to post on your site, if you wish.
e-mail:sangwook [dot] han [at] nemustech [dot] com